Blackmores Bio C 1000mg
Blackmores Bio C 1000mg is a high potency vitamin C with bioflavonoids. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that is important for immunity and supports wound healing, skin elasticity, and blood vessel health.
The human body does not manufacture its own vitamin C, so we must obtain it from our diets. If dietary intake is inadequate or an individual's need is particularly high (for example during times of stress or illness), taking a vitamin C supplement can help maintain optimal intake.
Features and benefits:
- High potency vitamin C supplement, buffered with mineral ascorbates to make it gentle on the stomach.
- Contains citrus bioflavonoids to support the action of vitamin C in the body.
- Contains rosehips and acerola - natural sources of vitamin C.
- Supports immunity and helps maintain resistance to infection.
- Supports wound healing and helps maintain healthy, supple, elastic skin.
- Potent antioxidant - supports the body's defences against free radicals.
- Helps maintain capillary health.
Blackmores Bio C 1000mg contains a high dose of vitamin C, buffered with mineral ascorbates to make it gentle on the stomach.The vitamin C is accompanied by citrus bioflavonoids, which support the action of vitamin C in the body.
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that is involved in hundreds of the body's biological processes.
It supports immunity and helps maintain resistance to infection due to its involvement in the normal healthy functioning of the white blood cells and antibodies.
Vitamin C is also required for the manufacture of collagen (a structural component of the skin, cartilage and tendons), so it plays an important role in the body's wound healing processes, and in maintaining the elasticity and suppleness of the skin.
- Adults - Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
- For additional immune system support, the dose may be increased to 3 tablets a day as required.
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones).
- Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi.
- Ascorbic acid may increase the absorption of aluminium. In kidney failure doses should be separated by at least 2 hours from doses of aluminium-containing preparations.
- If taking propranolol, separate doses by at least two hours. Ascorbic acid may decrease the absorption and efficacy of this medication.
- Ascorbic acid 400mg
- Sodium ascorbate 350mg
- Calcium ascorbate dihydrate†400mg
- Total vitamin C 1000 mg
- Citrus bioflavonoids extract 25mg
- Rutin 50mg
- Hesperidin 50mg
- Rosa canina (Rosehips) extract equiv. to dry fruit 250mg
- Malpighia punicifolia (Acerola) extract equiv. to dry fruit 50mg
No added: Salt, yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, preservatives, artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners.