Blackmores Odourless Fish Oil 1000mg
Blackmores Odourless Fish Oil is a high quality, pure fish oil, made odourless and reflux free without the use of artificial surfactants or additives. Instead of chemicals such as polysorbate 80, Blackmores uses a great tasting and natural lemon/vanilla flavouring to make its fish oil odourless. It is also tested for mercury and heavy metals.† †
Features and benefits:
- No fishy aftertaste, developed without the use of artificial surfactants (polysorbates)
- Vanilla-lemon flavouring masks any fishy odours
- Natural source of omega-3s
- Helps to reduce inflammation and joint swelling associated withjoint discomfort
- Helps to support heart and cardiovascular health Helps to assist in the maintenance of normal eye and brain function
- Helps to decrease triglycerides (fat) in the blood of healthy people Mercury tested
How it works:
Fish oil is a source of the omega-3 essential fatty acids. Essential fatty acids are incorporated into every cell membrane in the body, in the form of compounds called phospholipids. Cell membranes play the vital role of regulating what goes into, and what comes out of, each cell. The integrity and fluidity of the cell membrane is determined by the type of phospholipid that is available for the body to use. †Cell membranes made up mainly of phospholipids derived from the essential polyunsaturated fatty acids are more fluid and function better than cell membranes made up of saturated fat or trans-fatty acids. A cell membrane working at optimal levels retains vital nutrients and electrolytes, has the ability to communicate with other cells and is responsive to hormones.†Omega-3 fatty acids are also important components of substances known as prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Prostaglandins and leukotrienes are important in immune function, smooth muscle function, platelet aggregation and inflammation. Fish oils have an anti-inflammatory action because prostaglandins and leukotrienes from omega-3 fatty acids have less inflammatory activity than prostaglandins and leukotrienes derived from other types of fatty acids.†Fish oils appear to alleviate the pain of rheumatoid arthritis due to the role of omega-3 fatty acids in suppression of the production of inflammatory compounds.†Fish oil inhibits triglyceride synthesis in the liver and so helps to lower fats (triglycerides) in the blood of healthy people, therefore supporting a healthy cardiovascular system.
- For joint discomfort: †Adults - take up to 4 capsules 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed. ††As an omega-3 supplement:†Adults - Take†2 capsules a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed. †Children 6-12 years - Take 1 to 2†capsules a day (pierce and squeeze into milk, juice or cereal), or as professionally prescribed. †Children 2-6 years - Take 1 capsule a day (pierce and squeeze into milk, juice or cereal).
- Each Capsule Contains:†Fish oil (Natural) 1gm (1000mg)
- †containing omega-3 marine triglycerides 300mg as:
- Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 180 mg
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 120 mg†