Blackmores Milk Thistle
Features and benefits:
- * High potency, standardised formula
- * Supports the liver's processes for detoxifying potentially harmful compounds such as alcohol
- * Supports healthy liver function and the regeneration of liver cells
The liver is involved in a vast number of bodily functions, including the production of bile, the filtration of the blood and the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, fats and many other compounds used by the body. It also metabolises drugs, and detoxifies ingested substances (such as alcohol and nicotine) and toxins produced by the body.
Milk thistle has strong free radical-scavenging and antioxidant actions that support the integrity of the liver cell membranes. These effects appear to be largely due to the action of a group of compounds called flavanolignans, which are collectively referred to as silymarin. Blackmores Milk Thistle is a high potency formulation, standardised to provide a guaranteed silymarin content.
Silymarin supports the liver in its replacement of old and damaged cells with new, healthy cells. It also supports the body's detoxification processes by helping to maintain liver levels of important antioxidant enzymes (such as glutathione peroxidase), which are involved in the metabolism of a wide range of drugs, hormones and chemicals, including alcohol and nicotine.
- Adults - Take 1 tablet 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
- Children under 12 years - Only as professionally prescribed.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.May occasionally cause a mild laxative effect.
- Silybum marianum (Milk Thistle) extract equivalent to dry fruit 7 g standardised to contain flavanolignans 84 mg