Blackmores Macu-Vision, previously only†available by†prescription, is a source of antioxidant nutrients that help defend against free radical damage in the macular region of the retina and the lens of the eye. The macular is the central part of the retina and is responsible for our central vision. Maintaining the health of the macular is important because as we age, our eyes can become more susceptible to free radical damage.
Antioxidants act as 'free-radical scavengers'. Free radicals are common in the body, arising through a variety of mechanisms.†† Many of these free radicals are dealt with by the body's own free radical, antioxidant defences.† Some free radicals, however, escape these defences and cause cellular damage.† Research suggests that accumulation of free radical cellular damage can result in degenerative conditions.
The antioxidants zinc and vitamins C and E play a significant role in defending against free radical damage in the macular region of the retina and lens of the eye.
Macu-Vision's formula is based on the AREDS* (Age Related Eye Disease Study) research, which studied eye health in 3553 people.Contains naturally sourced vitamin E which is better absorbed and retained than synthetic forms of vitamin E.†A percentage of the sales of Macu-Vision supports Macular Degeneration New Zealand.
- Adults: Take 1 tablet daily with main meal, or as professionally prescribed.
- Not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
- Contains zinc, which may be dangerous when taken in large amounts or for a long period.
- May occasionally cause gastric irritation if taken without food.
- Not recommended during pregnancy.
Ingredients:Active Ingredients per Tablet:
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)†250mg
- Natural vitamin E††200IU
- (d-alpha tocopheryl acid succinate 165mg)
- Zinc oxide (Zinc 40mg)†49.8mg
- Cupric oxide (Copper 1mg)†1.25mg
No added: Yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, preservatives, artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners.