Blackmores Cod Liver Oil 1000mg
Blackmores Cod Liver Oil 1000mg is a rich, natural source of vitamina A and D. Vitamin A is important for the health of the mucous membranes of the respiratory and digestive tracts. Vitamin D is important in calcium metabolism and helps maintain healthy bones.
Cod Liver Oil contains the fat-soluble vitamins A and D. Vitamin A is involved in the maintenance of the structural and functional integrity of epithelial tissues. Additionally it is an antioxidant and acts as a co-factor in many biochemical reactions. Vitamin D is involved in the absorption and utilisation of calcium, normal calcification of the skeleton and various cellular processes.
- The recommended adult daily amount of vitamin A from all sources is 2500IU.
- When takin in excess of 8000IU vitamin A can cause birth defects. If you are pregnant, do not take vitamin A supplements without consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
- Active ingredient per capsule: Cod Liver Oil (natural) 1000mg;
- providing: Vitamin A 600IU; Colecalciferol (vitamin D3 85IU) 2.12mcg.
- Adults: Take 1 to 4 capsules daily with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
- For children under 12 years we recommend Blackmores Cod Liver Oil 275mg capsules.