Blackmores Bio ACE Excell
Bio ACEÆ Excell is a potent antioxidant formula providing nutrients and herbs that support the body's defences against free radical-mediated damage to cell membranes.
Free radicals are common in the body, arising through a variety of mechanisms. Some free radicals are generated naturally during normal day-to-day living. However pollutants, sun, alcohol, cigarette smoke and some medications can generate an excess of free radicals, and this can interfere with the cells' ability to function normally. Antioxidants are nutrients that help to offset the effects of free radicals.
Vitamins C and E are well documented for their potent antioxidant activity and are combined here with betacarotene (another potent antioxidant, which can be converted in the body into vitamin A), zinc (which aids skin function, wound healing and oil gland function), and selenium, an essential antioxidant mineral that supports many body functions, including liver function and immunity. Grape seed extract contains highly bioavailable and powerful antioxidants called oligomeric procyanidins (OPCs), which appear to be both complementary to and synergistic with vitamins. (For example, they support the free radical-scavenging effect of vitamin C).
Grape seed supports the structure and function of the blood vessels (especially the capillaries) and consequently helps maintain healthy peripheral circulation.
Milk thistle has a strong free radical-scavenging and antioxidant action that supports the integrity of the liver cell membranes. It supports the body's detoxification processes by helping to maintain liver levels of important antioxidant enzymes (such as glutathione peroxidase), which are involved in the metabolism of a wide range of drugs, hormones and chemicals, including alcohol and nicotine. Milk thistle also supports the liver in its replacement of old and damaged cells with new, healthy cells.
Folic acid and vitamins B1 and B12 support the body's metabolism of the amino acid homocysteine, high levels of which may compromise vascular health. Multiple, complementary antioxidants can be more supportive to the body's defences than large amounts of a single antioxidant. The nutrients and herbs in Bio ACEÆ Excell work together to support free radical scavenging.
- Adults: Take one to two capsules per day meals, or as professionally prescribed.
- Vitamin B6 is contraindicated in Levodopa therapy †Folic acid may alter the response to methotrexate and other folic acid antagonists, consult your health care professional This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. Do not exceed a daily dose of 100 mcg selenium from all sources other than food.† Selenium containing products are not suitable for use by children under the age of 15 years.
- Vitis vinifera (Grape seed) extract†equivalent to dry seed 1200 mg
- standardised to contain procyanidins 8.5 mg
- Silybum marianum (Milk Thistle) extract equivalent to dry fruit standardised to contain flavanolignans 700 mg
- Betacarotene (natural source) 3 mg
- Vitamin C from: 250 mg
- Ascorbic acid 150 mg
- Calcium ascorbate 121 mg
- Vitamin E (d-alpha-Tocopherol 67.1 mg) 100 IU
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium pantothenate) 55 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 25 mg
- Zinc amino acid chelate †equivalent to elemental zinc 25 mg 5 mg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 50 mcg
- Folic acid 150 mcg
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine nitrate) 10 mg
- Selenomethionine †equivalent to elemental selenium 186 mcg 75 mcg